Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bottle Caps

I'm sure you've had plenty of these at home:
And maybe you've been inspired to make something like this:
I know. At this point you're saying: "Hey, are you turning this site into a crafting place?"
I'll say 'No, my friend.' What I'm trying to do is show you how to turn this:

Into these:





Cool, no?
The top left I made by just masking a flower picture on the template cap I made.
I got the cap by painstakingly turning the bottle and pulling on it until it came off. I didn't want to ruin the cap. Crazy, I know.
After masking the picture, I went to the layer palette and changed it to hard light, that brought up the colors of the flower. Opacity: 80%
The second one, I pushed Control + U and colourized the cap to a nice chartreuse, then added letters and symbols with my Type tool. I used Ravie and Scrap Cursive fonts. After that, it was easy to use styles on them.
The third one was a clip art I had so I masked it on the template. I changed the layer to an overlay, and 75% opacity, because it was hard to see the cap.
The last one is a jpg picture that I masked like the clip art. Hard light, 75%.
Above you can follow the link and find the template, if you choose to make some of your own. It's about 6" square, 300 dpi. If you do, send me pics and I'll post them here.
Good luck!
Patricia.

1 comment:

  1. using this template for my class homework, thank you very much. :)

    ReplyDelete